Thank you for taking a few moments to consider how God could use you to make an eternal difference in someones life this year. Please check out the video above from our Youth Pastor Ryan Miller as well as a few thoughts below to guide you. At the end of the day we are here to help you know, love and serve Jesus. We are praying that God uses these resources to help you and empower to share the greatest story that has ever been told.
Praying for you,
Existence Leadership Team
Why Share Your Faith?
Here are a few brief thoughts…
Understand the grace and beauty of our salvation.
- If we have tasted the goodness of a life with Jesus and experienced the hope of eternity, we will feel compelled to share our faith with others.
Understand that heaven and hell are real.
- If we truly believe that without Jesus, people are going to hell, we will feel compelled to share his love and grace with them.
Understand the nature of the call.
- If we understand that God has commanded us to pursue the Great Commandment and the Great Commission, we will out of loving obedience share our faith.
How to Share Your Faith
- Pray for opportunities for Gospel conversations with friends, family, co-workers, strangers etc.
- Pray for God to give you courage to take the initiative to share your faith.
- Take the pressure off
- Successful evangelism is taking the initiative to share your faith, under the power of the Holy Spirit, and leaving the results to God.
- It is NOT your job to convert people, it is your job to love them and share with them. The Holy Spirit is what moves in people’s hearts.
- Be vulnerable.
- An important part of sharing the Gospel with someone is also sharing your story with them. Nobody can argue with your story.
- Ask good questions
- This is the best way to get to care for someone and get to know them. A good question will lead you to know how to best love them, which will lead you to know how to best share with them.
- Share the Gospel simply
- An easy way to do this is in four points that can be broken down to symbols.
Heart, X, Cross, ?
- The heart is that God loves you and has designed you for a relationship with him.
- The X is that sin entered the world and separated us from that loving relationship.
- The Cross that that God sent his son into the world to die the death that we deserved so that the gap between us and God could be bridged.
- The question mark is simply, what are you going to do about this information?